Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stickers

So this post is a shout out to all the old Brownstone friends. Braden and Jacob were playing at the table this morning (getting horribly disfigured by the markers) when Braden walks over with a James sticker on his forehead and says "here mommy, here's a Percy sticker for you." Immediately I knew I too was expected to place the sticker on my forehead and in the same instant I was taken back many many many years ago to a Sunday afternoon spent in apt. 17 watching Veggie Tales and you guessed it with a sticker on my forehead. I really can't remember what induced a lovely group of sensible people to sit around with stickers on our forheads but I'm pretty sure it was all Eric's idea. Even worse, what made us think that capturing that moment on film was a good idea, but we did it anyway and now here it is back to haunt us and remind us of a time when we did silly things probably just because everyone else was doing it. And now as I write this post, have I learned from my past, absolutely not:) Here I sit again with a Percy sticker on my forhead because I still love to do silly things sometimes and more importantly because I love Braden and I wouldn't want him to miss out on silly days gone by. So here's a walk down memory lane for some of you and a good laugh for others.And now to see how life really doesn't change so much fast forward to today...Even with stickers on their heads they are still oh so handsome!

4 comments:

Heather Gray said...

I'd totally forgotten about that one... Thanks for helping me remember. And are you sure it was apt 17? Maybe 21? Though I guess it doesn't really matter.

Yes Braden does look cute even with the sticker on his forehead... I'm sure he always does.

Paul, well, I don't think he's cute. Maybe it's a girl thing. :P

-Jeremy

allypally said...

Hey, two posts in a week? You're on a roll! Keep it up!!!

Ryan and Lacey said...

Wow Jules! I'll have to take my own trip down memory lane and come up with a good one to share. Those were good, granted silly, times. Although I must admit that I have to wonder if you weren't the one who talked Braden into putting stickers on your foreheads :)!

MM said...

What a good sport! Oh the things we do to make our kids smile! You're a good mom!